- 1,162 dogs came into our care.
- 1,168 dogs went to loving homes.
- 540 cats came into our care.
- 516 cats went to loving homes.
- Live Release Rate**: 99%
**A shelter’s “Live Release Rate” is the number of live outcomes divided by the number of total outcomes. SoHumane gives every animal in our care the time and support they need to find a loving home. However, because we take in some very vulnerable and sick cats and kittens—including newborn orphaned kittens—some of the cats in our care do pass away or are humanely euthanized to end suffering due to incurable disease.
- 1,168 total dog/puppy adoptions.
- 516 total cat/kitten adoptions
- 69% of adoptions were dogs and puppies.
- 19% of adoptions were kittens (cats less than 6 months of age)
Intake/Saving Train Transfer Program:
- 1,702 dogs/cats from other shelters and the public.
- 39% of these intakes were surrendered by the local community.
- 52% of these intakes were transfers on our Saving Train from euthanizing shelters.
- More than 200 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens were fostered.
- 26 volunteers opened up their homes to foster.
- 400+ active volunteers assisting with all aspects of SoHumane operations.
- Close to 32,153 hours of service donated—the equivalent of 16 full-time employees!