Year In Review
- 977 total dog/puppy adoptions.
- 551 total cat/kitten adoptions.
- 58% of adoptions were dogs and puppies.
- 22% of adoptions were kittens (cats less than 6 months of age).
Intake/Saving Train Transfers
- 1573 dogs/cats from other shelters and the public.
- 37% of these intakes were surrendered by the local community.
- 53% of these intakes were transfers on our Saving Train from euthanizing shelters.
Volunteer and Foster
- 500 active volunteers assisting with all aspects of SoHumane operations.
- Over 42,000 hours of service donated - the equivalent of 20 full-time employees!
- More than 300 dogs, cats, puppies and kittens were fostered.
- 41 volunteers opened up their homes to foster.
Spay and Neuter
- 808 adopted dogs and cats were spayed/neutered.
- 110 feral cats were fixed as part of the Community Cat Project.