A Gift Today
An outright gift is a popular way to share your generosity with the animals. It's simple, immediate, and there are many ways to help.
- Donated shares of stock or mutual funds from publicly traded companies are a practical option and may provide additional tax benefits beyond what cash gifts provide.
- If you don't use some or all of your required minimum distribution from your retirement accounts, talk with your financial advisor about a qualified charitable distribution, which may reduce the income tax consequences of retirement account distributions.
- You can also donate jewelry or other valuable collections. Keep in mind, however, that some donated gifts require more planning. For example, you must adhere to strict regulations if you are donating real estate, cars, or stocks that are privately held or restricted shares.
Your Legacy for the Dogs and Cats
Planned gifts are a wonderful way to support the causes you are passionate about. These gifts come in all sizes; whether the gift is $100 or $100,000, it provides critical support for homeless pets at SoHumane. Making a planned gift to SoHumane is a meaningful way to carry forward your compassion and concern for the animals. Additionally, this type of giving may help you achieve specific financial goals, such as reducing taxes.
By Making estate plans now, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have taken care of the people you love and the causes that are important to you. Providing for the future of animals who need your help takes just a simple provision in your will or revocable trust. You can:
- Give a set dollar amount or a specific asset such as land or stock; donate a percentage of your estate; or donate the remainder of your estate.
- You can name a specific purpose or leave it to SoHumane to put your gift to use where it will do the most good.